Monday, June 11, 2007

Christa and Friends-An Introduction

Hi, I'm Christa.

This is my blog. I would like to introduce Olivia, the pig who is a dear little friend of mine. She traveled to Charleston, SC with Mama, Daddy and two of the boys last weekend. I stayed at home because I don't do well with heat and being packed in a case. Here are just a few of her adventures:


At the Battery there are lots of cannons. You can see Olivia perched on the big one.

Olivia: "Hey Mom. Look at me! I'm smaller than a cannonball. Whee!"


While they were walking around, the grownups found a hidden patio between some buildings. In there was a wonderful fountain with goldfish.

Olivia: "I like goldfish and orangefish and redfish and purplefish. La La La. "



Olivia loved the fish. She counted three of them, over and over, because she can only count to three.

Olivia: "Tomorrow I will learn to count to 100 million and beyond!!



Charleston is famous for its stories of pirates and ghosts. Here is a picture of Olivia pretending to be a ghost. I think she even scared herself.

Olivia:"Ooh, first the big lion spits at me and then I turn into a ghost. Boo! Uhhh, hey Mom, are there such things as real ghosts?"
Me: "Not IMHO, little one. You look like a little pig all dressed up for a party."
Olivia: "Good. I like being a real little pig whose Mom accidently got a cool camera picture without meaning to."




After a long day of sightseeing, the Grownups and Oliva went out to eat. They went to Bubba Gumps' restaurant, which is famous for its shrimp dishes. But what could be better at the end of a hot, sultry summer day in the Deep South than iced tea and raspberry Margaritas? Of course Olivia only drank the tea.

Olivia: "Please, Mom can I have just a little taste of the pink drink? The glass is just my size?"
Me: "No, Little One, yours is the tea."
Olivia (sighs deeply): "Well, okay. Hey Mom, how can a forest run? I thought trees had roots."
Me: "Aren't you getting tired yet? It's been a long day."
Olivia: "Nope, I mean No Ma'am. I'm ready to run some more and see more fishes and spitting lions and stuff."
Me: "How does it sound to 'run' back to the hotel for a nice warm bath and soft pillow?"
Olivia: (yawns hugely): "As long as there aren't any pirates, ghosts or spitting lions there."


Olivia:"G'nite everyone. See ya later."

No comments: